Difference Between Mistake and Sin
All people make mistakes and all people sin, but there is a difference between a mistake and sin. God requires people to change and become the people God desires for us to be, to come into alignment with God, we must come into agreement with God's will/plan.
A mistake is something I do undeliberately, not understanding the consequences. A mistake implies an error in judgment, done unintentional. A mistake is turning down a one way street because I did not see the sign, mistyping a word and spelling the wrong word, loaning a person money without a loan agreement signed by both loaner and recipient on stipulations of repayment plan. Mistakes are not against God.Sin is against God and I intentionally sin. I know the consequences of sin is death to a relationship, emotionally, spiritually, or physically. Sin is when I know something is wrong and I know it is against God and choose to do it anyway. Sin is more than a mistake, sin is a deliberate choice to do something wrong, when I know the right thing to do. I choose to deliberately sin against God. "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and doesn't do it, to him/her it is sin." James 4:17 An easy definition of sin: I know the right thing to do and choose not to do the right thing, which is sin. "For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Romans 3:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free Gift of God is Eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
It's important to acknowledge mistakes and be honest about sin:
(1) Choose My words carefully. Do not ever minimize my sin by calling it a mistake. Call Sin, sin by agreeing with God about my behavior. Say the same thing God says about my sin and stop calling what I did a mistake, when it's sin. A Promise is not a sin, unless I break my promise. The exact reason God can never sin, God Keeps all His Promises and never breaks a promise.
(2) Take responsibility for my sinful behavior and own it. If I make a mistake, own that too. If someone provokes me, I am responsible for my response. If the other person is 90% responsible, accept 100% responsibility for my 10%. When it comes to sin, there is never a legitimate excuse. Why? God does not excuse sin, but requires me to confess and repent of my sin and change directions and stop going in the direction of sin. God never leads me in the direction of Sin, but away from sin. "For godly sorrow produces repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death." 2 Corinthians 7:10 Nuggets of Truth: Being truly sorry fills a heart with godly sorrow, leads to repentance with salvation without regrets and a change in behavior. God changes your heart's desire to His heart's desires for your life. "Then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the Day of Judgment and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority." 2 Peter 2:9-10
Nuggets of Truth: :"If your seeking to live a godly life, run from the temptation of the lust of the flesh to relieve your hunger need for acceptance love, belonging, security and purpose which only God can fulfill those hunger needs. "We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the power of the wicked one.." 1 John 5:19 Nuggets of Truth: I am God's adopted daughter, a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. And I also know any lie that is told by any person in the world is under the sway of the wicked one, satan whose sole purpose is to kill, steal and destroy life. "The one who says, 'I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the Truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His Word, in him the Love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked." Nuggets of Truth: Do you profess to be a Christian and say, "Yeah or Yes, I am a Christian and do not keep God's commandments or instructions, then, you are really a liar and do not possess the Truth who is Jesus. If a person knows and follow God's Word, this person has been perfected by the Love of God and are living or abiding in God and walk the same way Jesus walked.
(3) Acknowledge my guilt, a symptom of sin because sin causes guilty feelings. Guilt is a gift from God to me for the purpose of bringing me into agreement and alignment with God that I have sinned. I need to reconcile with God and any other person I have affected by my sin. The sooner I recognize my responsibility, the sooner I resolve the problem. Unresolved problems show you are not seeking God's wisdom for solutions. When your confessing your sins to God or another person, do not use the word but. The word but, negates everything I said before. But is an excuse word a person uses to excuse themselves from responsibility for what they have done in the past and instead place blame on the other person for their problem. This is wrong and sin.
(4) Choose to change my behavior. Words can be cheap! When a person is adept at saying, "I am sorry," but they do not make needed changes. Repentance involves a change in mind and behavior involving wrongful conduct and direction. Unless a person's behavior changes, there is no repentance, no matter how many times they promise to do something, apologize or shed tears. The person needs to cease from wrongful conduct and choose to live a God honoring life or godly life and do what they say.
(5) Ask for Forgiveness. A person cannot demand forgiveness from another person. No person is entitled to forgiveness from another person. A person can only ask and hope the person you sinned against will extend the grace of forgiveness to you. But it's their choice. "So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother/sister has something against you, leave your gift at the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother/sister and then, come and offer your gift." Nuggets of Truth: God is not interested in any offering gift or charity gift from you if one of His beloved children has something against you. First you need to reconcile with the person who has something against you and then, offer your offering gift at the altar. "The person may choose to wait until you have manifested fruit of repentance as God requires. "Therefore, bear fruit in keeping with repentance; and do not suppose you can say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.'' Matthew 3:8 "So as those who have been chosen of God, Holy and Beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you." Colossians 3:12-13 Nuggets of Truth: Beloved children of God are instructed to put on/claim God's heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience, bearing with one another and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord God forgives me, I should forgive."
2/8/2021 08:08:26 am
10/7/2022 03:32:06 am
Sense hear well girl. Offer market seek center oil appear many.
10/7/2022 12:30:47 pm
Capital instead able order. Thus line notice culture ten those live city. Couple couple ground concern citizen.
11/11/2022 09:08:12 am
Budget gas deal quite watch soon. Administration list beyond remain continue west best. Support beautiful artist campaign guess plant.
Leave a Reply.